Connect

Facebook Tag Pinterest Tag Twitter Tag

Friday, April 13, 2012

The Week before school starts...

Okay, so Blaze and I arrived in Rexburg around the beginning of April, right before spring break. I figured we would have fun decorating the apartment but I didn't realize how much free time we would have on our hands! After being busy with school and work it is hard to sit around! Everyone in the neighboring apartments seemed to be moving out or out of town so we pretty much had to entertain ourselves. Turns out, we not only decorated we painted, we cooked, and we watched a TON of movies!

First, we learned to cook a few things! This Easter was the first holiday I ever made a meal by myself and I am not gonna lie, I was pretty proud! Our Easter consisted of all the essentials, Ham, Cheesy potatoes, rolls, deviled eggs, salad, and green beans! Besides the fact that the first batch of rolls burned, the egg shells hardly came off the eggs, and the ham was a little overcooked I would say it was a good start to cooking! hahaha


After Easter was when the boredom really hit! So I decided to try to paint some furniture. I made Blaze help too! This was risky because the last time I tried to paint my bedroom furniture it was a disaster! Anyway, I wanted to paint a side table red to add some color to our living room. I had some doubts about doing red, but I think it turned out really good! We sanded it down first...NOTE: Sanding by hand is not very fun.


Next, we painted. I used Kensington brand from Ace that had the primer mixed in. Lastly, Blaze got out his Dremel and we distressed the edges to give it that cottage look. It turned out bright, but it was exactly what the Living room needed! We love it!


Alright, the final adventure of our week was...wait for it...meatloaf!! Unlike my family, Blazes family loves meatloaf, or maybe it is just Blaze. Either way, I decided to try to make it. For anyone who has never made meatloaf beware the mixing! Okay I am exaggerating, but mixing the raw meat by hand was pretty gross!


After making the meatloaf, I would say it was one of the better things we have made! 

So there you have it! That completes the chronicle of our week before school starts! We are on our way to cooking gourmet!! Haha almost, we will see if we keep it up when school starts! Thanks for listening!


3 comments:

  1. Love it!! Keep up the blogging! It's so fun to read about people's updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get a box of those big disposable gloves to use when you have to touch raw meat. I bought a box about 5 years ago and still am using them. They sure help out when you have to take out the guts of a chicken or make meat loaf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ashley, you're so funny! you're so good to dive into married life with cooking and painting furniture! can't believe it's been a year since our Europe adventures and now you're enjoying more adventures with your hubby. definitely we need to meet up this semester!

    ReplyDelete